Database | International Development Trends and North-South Flows
Welcome in our database of development statistics !
Some instructions to help you to access the data:
- choose the indicator you are interested in from the list of topics on the left;
- choose a type of chart clicking on the corresponding icon on the top-right corner of the frame below;
- choose a selection of countries from the list on the bottom-left corner of the frame (if the name of a country is in italic, there is no data concerning that specific indicator).
A couple of tips before you go:
- if you select the line chart, you will need to select your list of countries in order to see the data on the screen;
- the other charts immediately visualise the data for all countries. When you make a selection, the corresponding label will appear on the screen.
- if you want to visualise only your selection, click on the "chart options" icon (a cogged wheel) on the top-right corner and deactivate the "show non-selected bars/bubbles" option.
- the line chart can visualise only one indicator at once;
- the bar chart and the bubble chart on the world map can show two indicators at once (just choose "Y axis"/"Size" or "Colour" when clicking on the indicator).
- the bubble chart on the Cartesian plane can compare up to four indicators at once (just choose "Y axis", "X axis", "Colour" or "Size" when selecting the indicator).
Please note that there might be comparability issues between different kinds of indicators due to differences in data availability concerning specific country and time series.